- Exercise! It will release endorphins and not only make you look better as your muscle tone increases, but you will feel positivity radiate from the inside out. Find an activity which appeals to you and move your body.
- Set yourself physical and mental goals. Write these down in a little book each week and check them off as you go. It will take your mind off the way you look and give you an encouraging boost when you achieve them.
- Be the best version of yourself. Everyone wants what they haven’t got, do not spend your time focusing on this and instead list the assets you have and work with them.
- Eat well, your body is a furnace and needs good fuel to make it happy and function properly. Avoid comfort eating which increases feelings of guilt and invest in an inspirational nutritious recipe book or find a blog full of healthy options.
- Surround yourself with friends and family who make you feel good and will support your efforts. Keep company with people who love you for you. Positive energy breeds positive thoughts and a happier self-image.
- Live in the real world. Have a realistic view of the images you see in magazines. They are full of photoshopped celebrities and super humans with 6 ft long legs. I’m sure we would all feel great if we had a make-up and lighting team following us around every day.
- Spoil yourself. Invest in a killer outfit, a pair of shoes or that skirt you have been lusting over. Anything that makes you feel beautiful will help increase your confidence.
- Banish cyber envy. Stop checking Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Enjoy your own life and stop fixating on how glamorous everyone else’s internet personas are. That is all they are.
body confident Beauty Fix:
*Dr Hauschka’s Rose Day Cream has long been an essential part of my daily routine. I love the way it feels on my skin.
*Dr Hauschka’s Lemon Lemongrass Body Moisturiser feels really thick and luxurious but sinks into my skin really easily and leaves it feeling refreshed and silky smooth. The scent is beautiful too and I often get people commenting on it, as they think it is a fragrance.
*Avocados and almonds – I can’t get enough! I try and snack on almonds before hunger hits which keeps my metabolism up. Avocados are a favourite, especially if I add a hint of fresh chilli and lemon juice.
*Sweaty Betty’s Salabasana Ombre Yoga Capris are reversible so it’s like having two pairs for the price of one.
*I’m obsessed with my Nike Pegasus trainers in two different colours. The correct trainers are a must for me, I cannot afford to get injured. I advise all my clients to get a run test before they buy shoes!
Photography by Rory Campbell Photography