- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Using your hands, take a piece of coconut oil (the size of a 20p coin) and massage the butternut squash until it is all lightly covered.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt then place on a foil-lined tray.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing half way through the cooking time.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a frying pan, add the red onion, kale and tomatoes and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, assemble the kale, red onion and tomatoes in a dish and add the cooked butternut squash, crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds.
- To make the dressing, mix the olive oil, cider vinegar and garlic together.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix again before pouring over the salad.
Need more protein? Add chicken. Cube a chicken breast and cook in a frying pan with a little coconut oil, a squeeze of lemon and some garlic salt.
Need more carbohydrates? Swap the butternut squash for sweet potato or cooked lentils.
Need more fats? Try adding some fresh avocado.
Extract from Clean Eating Alice: The Body Bible by Alice Liveing (Harper Thorsons, £14.99)