- Place the sunflower seeds, pepitas, chia seeds and shredded coconut into a processor or blender and pulse until a fine meal is formed.
- Throw in the brazil nuts and almonds and pulse once or twice until they are crushed but not powdered (see note).
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the hemp seeds, bee pollen, cinnamon, cacao and protein powder, if using.
- In the now empty processor or blender, place the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and rice malt syrup and blend until smooth.
- Place the liquid ingredients in the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine – you may need to get hands on and really mush the ingredients together if mixing with a spoon is not doing the trick (just make sure you wash your hands first!). Add a tablespoon of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Next take about a tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll it into 2.5 cm (1 in) balls. Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut and place them in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Note: If you want a softer truffle, pulse the ingredients until everything is a fine meal.
Extract taken from Kenko Kitchen.
Photography by Elisa Watson.