Chocolate-coated ice creams just scream summer, fun and enjoyment. These are my take on the milk bar favourite, but you won’t be on a sugar high after eating, and you won’t be in a heap of regret. These are all good for you!
- Begin by placing all the ice cream ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy. Remove and pour into an ice cream maker, letting it churn for 14 minutes until a beautiful ice cream has formed.
- Scoop the ice cream into popsicle moulds, press in the popsicle sticks and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until frozen.
- Mix all the chocolate coating ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove the set popsicles from the moulds.
- Working quickly, dip each ice cream in the chocolate coating – the chocolate will begin to set very quickly on the ice creams as soon as the coconut oil hits the cold ice cream.
- Sprinkle the almonds on the chocolate before it has set and dunk the popsicle in the chocolate again to coat the almonds.
- Return to the freezer until they are ready to eat!
Extract taken from Kenko Kitchen.
Photography by Elisa Watson.