- Heat a frying pan over a medium–high heat.
- When hot, add the coconut oil and allow it to melt.
- Add the broccoli and sauté for 4–5 minutes.
- Once you put the broccoli in the pan, don’t move the pan, to allow one side of the broccoli to char.
- Once slightly charred, continue to cook until it is still al dente (with a bit of a bite) and set aside.
- Push the courgettes through a spiraliser to make noodles or use a mandoline on the ‘teeth’ setting and put them into a large bowl.
- Add the oil and toss until the noodles are well coated.
- Add the sundried tomatoes with the charred broccoli, edamame beans, half of the goat’s cheese and half of the almonds and mix well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with the remaining goat’s cheese and roasted almonds.
Extract from The Good Life Eatery Cookbook by Yasmine Larizadeh and Shirin Kouros (Ebury Press, £20).
Main image by Toby Glanville.