- Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir and season really well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and bake in the hot oven for 45–50 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When cool, remove from the tin and slice into wedges.
- Serve with the Almond Pesto.
For the almond pesto
- Put the Parmesan into a bowl with the almonds and garlic and mix together.
- Remove the mixture and set aside.
- Depending on the size of your food processor, you will need to do this in parts to avoid over crowding the machine.
- Add equal parts of all the ingredients into the food processor by adding some of the Parmesan mixture, some of the olive oil, a handful of basil and a handful of spinach and blitz until crumbly. You don’t want a smooth purée.
- Scrape out into a large bowl and repeat this process until everything is used up.
- Store in a sterilised glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Extract from The Good Life Eatery Cookbook by Yasmine Larizadeh and Shirin Kouros (Ebury Press, £20).
Main image by Toby Glanville.