These bars make a wonderful on-the-go snack or quick breakfast—and they’re full of goodness!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/gas mark 7 and grease an 8×8×1in (20×20×2.5cm) square bake pan (cake tin) with a light layer of coconut oil.
- On a separate baking tray, spread the quinoa and almonds and place in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- When the mixture is toasted, remove the tray from the oven and reduce the heat to 350°F/180°C/gas mark 4.
- Place the cherries, goji berries, brown rice syrup and water into a food processor and blitz for 1–2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the toasted almonds and quinoa. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the bake pan and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Ensure the mixture covers the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, cut the mixture into bars before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Extract from Eat Real Food by Julie Montagu (Hay House, £7.69)