Sick of stodgy pasta and cheese? Preparing courgette and carrot tagliatelle takes less time than boiling pasta, and also delivers your entire vegetable RDA.
Admittedly the pine nut ricotta demands a bit of Mary Poppins in the kitchen, but if you plug in some Ricky Martin he’ll visit your fingertips. My hubby sneaks some diced anchovies and tomatoes in here too.
- Put the courgette and carrot through the middle blade of your spiraliser or use a potato peeler to create long, thin ribbons.
- In a separate glass, whisk together the parsley, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. You won’t need it all, so freeze the remainder for another evening.
- Tumble enough of the dressing into your tagliatelle and toss thoroughly to coat each strand.
- Sprinkle in the chopped olives.
- Crown with a generous drop of pine nut ricotta and a few turns of the black pepper mill.
- A simple smattering of pumpkin seeds is a filling alternative to the ricotta.
Extract taken from the Extra Virgin Kitchen Recipes by Susan Jane White.