A gorgeous twist on your typical curry, this creamy and spicy recipe hits the spot on those cold winter days.
- Place the coconut oil in a large skillet (frying pan) on a medium-high heat. Add the onion and gently sauté for 5–6 minutes, stirring often, until softened and starting to caramelize.
- Add the sweet potato and carrots, and continue to sauté for a further 8–10 minutes, stirring often.
- Next, add the coconut milk, turmeric, cumin, and chili, and cook for a further 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan, on a high heat, bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
- Add the vegetable stock to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Bring to the boil for a couple of minutes then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add the tomatoes and cannellini beans and leave to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the spinach in the last 2–3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Serve immediately either on its own or with your choice of grain.
Extract from Eat Real Food by Julie Montagu (Hay House, £7.69)