When it comes to breakfast during the week, it’s often really hard to get it together. This is the simplest, most delicious and nutritious way to start your morning when you are pushed for time and need a good whack of energy for your day! You can be as creative as you like with the topping you choose – berries are great at the moment and you could ad seeds and nuts for extra crunch. Whatever you are in the mood for!
- Place all of the ingredients into a container and combine well. If you have used cows milk do not add the lemon juice at this stage as it will curdle the milk.
- If you like your bircher extra sweet add a little more maple syrup, honey or agave nectar.
- Seal the container and place in the fridge to let the quinoa flakes absorb the liquid.
- Simply leave for at least 4 hours or overnight and serve with the sliced banana, fresh coconut and a sprinkle of extra cinnamon.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice if you have used cows milk.