This has to be one of my easiest and yet most delicious recipes. It’s certainly one that I make most frequently – for breakfast, brunch (with a poached egg), lunch (with 2 eggs) and sometimes for dinner when I can’t be bothered to cook… It’s AMAZING sprinkled with a little dukkah; it’s so good for you – full of healthy fats and essential micro nutrients that support your immune system and general health.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Use a small sharp knife to slice the inside of the avocado into large squares without cutting into the skin.
- Now take a spoon and scoop out the squares and put them in a bowl, along with the chilli flakes, torn basil leaves and oil.
- Squeeze over the lemon, add some salt and pepper to taste and give it a good but gentle stir – you don’t want mush.
- Toast the bread, and rub it all over with half a garlic clove – I like it quite garlicky but if you prefer it less so just give a very light rub with the garlic.
- Drizzle with some good oil and sprinkle over a little sea salt and a few twists of pepper. Top with the avocado and serve.
Extract from Nourish by Amber Rose, Sadie Frost and Holly Davidson (Kyle Books, £19.99)
Photography by David Loftus